Answered

Problems reassigning nodes

• 29 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having problems when I try to reassign nodes using the click+Ctrl and drag method.
First, I have a tremendous difficulty in getting the migrating node to latch onto the specifically desired element, and then it doesn’t seem to terminate its migration when I let go of Ctrl and the mouse clicker; instead, it hovers indefinitely and continues to oscillate between attaching to other nearby elements for a significant period until it decides to eventually ground itself, which is many times in attachment to the undesired element. So, I’m back to square one. Even in the event it does latch onto the desired element, there is still considerable time wasting as it hovers at its own leisure before finally committing.  Am I doing something wrong or is there something I can change? THanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 29 August 2020, 23:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Drew Quiring. I just tested Ctrl + drag as outlined in the Mind Map help article in both my Free and Consultant Plans from the following browsers (latest stable versions) in Windows 10 (2004):

• Chrome
  • Edge Chromium
  • Chromium
  • Firefox

with no issues at all.

Here is my starting mind map:

And a short video of my reassigning nodes - I simply press and hold the Ctrl key and left-click and drag:

I also tried

• both letting go of the left mouse button before the Ctrl key and the other way around and it still worked;
  • the same testing while in all three of Mouse, Trackpad, and Touchscreen Navigation Modes and it still worked for me;
  • in the Miro 64-bit Windows app - again, still worked.

A few questions/things to try:

• Which platform are you trying this on? Windows/macOS/Android/iPhone/etc.
  • Which board Navigation mode?
  • Have you tried from a different device/computer/mouse?
  • Can someone else test on the same board as you are testing on?
  • What zoom level is your board at? Have you tried changing the zoom level?
  • Have you tried changing the size oft he mind map to make it bigger or smaller and try again? Shift + drag around the whole mind map and then drag one of the bubbles from one of the corners to make it bigger/smaller:

Hi,

I’m having this same problem where the control button and click of mouse is not reassigning a node. Was a solution found? I have restarted my computer, check updates, tried google chrome and edge. I’m on microsoft 11

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi,

I’m having this same problem where the control button and click of mouse is not reassigning a node. Was a solution found? I have restarted my computer, check updates, tried google chrome and edge. I’m on microsoft 11

You no longer need to hold the Ctrl/Cmd key to reassign a mode, in fact, holding the Ctrl/Cmd key is what stops the node from being reassigned. 

To reassign a child node to another parent node, simply drag the node.

✏️ Hold down Ctrl (for Windows)/Cmd (for Mac)if you'd like to move the node instead of reassigning it.

reassign_nodes.gif

Thank you, just drag and drop now