Answered

Problem with the Miro app since the update

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Help

since the Update yesterday, the participants of our Project can't open the Board per Desktop App anymore. If I share the Board Link again they only can use the Browser Version of Miro, but not the App. This is a major Problem.

If anyone has the same problem or has advice I would be very grateful :grinning:

With kind regards 
Nils 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 March 2021, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nils Duppel - Have you reported this to the Miro support team?

As a workaround, when the board opens in their browser, your users can "Star" the board by clicking the star icon to the right of the board name,

then they can open the desktop app, click on Starred boards, and open the board from there..

"they only can use the Browser Version of Miro, but not the App. This is a major Problem."

Out of curiosity, why is this a major problem? Are you finding there to be core Miro functionality that is only available/accessible from the desktop app?

Support Form

Paid users can find the support form here;

learning center - Get help - Support

We have the same problem here. It’s a major problem at least for Mac users because running Miro with the browser slows down the performance. The workaround via starring the boards won’t work either, by the way!

@Robert Johnson thank you so much for your quick respond! Yes, I reported the issue but I didn't want to wait that long for a response. 

The workaround via starring the board, works well for the most of my users. It is a major problem, because some of the project participants want to use only the App, don't ask me why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nils Duppel - Glad to hear the workaround is being used by those willing to try it.

Miro did release two desktop app updates for Windows in quick succession, so perhaps there was a similar bug in the Windows version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Signora Rossi:

The workaround via starring the boards won’t work either, by the way!

If the goal is to work on boards from the desktop app, the steps I listed above will result in users being able to still work on the boards from within the desktop app until the current bug is resolved.

Is there a technical reason why this won’t work? Or is it an education/personal choice reason?