Skip to main content
Question

Problem with cut off Fonts

• 5 June 2024
  • 5 replies

All of a sudden, in all my Miro boards, Fonts are cut off. Any text became unreadable for me. I tried adjusting font-type and font-size and alignment, but also reshaping rectangles and everything. No change whatsoever.

Here is an example. The Problem is on the Safari Browser (MacBook Air).

Also tried logging out and back in and restarting safari.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Dannyo 

Sorry to hear about your font issues. Here’s an article that I hope is helpful? Hope it works!

Hi @Dannyo 

Sorry to hear about your font issues. Here’s an article that I hope is helpful? Hope it works!

Sadly, that is not helpful. It works on a Windows Desktop with Chrome just fine. It did also work on said MacBook before but changed all of a sudden.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Dannyo 

Hmmm . . . you are the second person in as many days to post a similar issue with fonts,

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/bug-text-changes-with-different-zoom-levels-16636

So it makes me wonder if there is really some kind of exotic bug that cropped up?  The poster above said that Chrome does NOT work but that Safari does . . . so as a workaround maybe you can try a different browser.

You can also try a “forced reload” in case there are caching issues. I think for Safari it is COMMAND-OPTION-R and this will force the browser to ignore whatever it has cached and get everything “fresh, none of that old stuff.” (to quote Steve Martin)

I can only say that thankfully I don’t have this issue.

If that does not work and you have a paid subscription I would encourage you to contact support ASAP.

Cheers, ken

After some testing it seems to me that it’s a SAFARI related problem. The problem does not occur on the same Macbook within the CHROME browser, while it still persists on SAFARI browser. COMMAND-OPTION-R sadly didn’t help that. So on Safari, the problem still occurs. Also, fully resetting cookies and cache didn't help either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

After some testing it seems to me that it’s a SAFARI related problem. The problem does not occur on the same Macbook within the CHROME browser, while it still persists on SAFARI browser. COMMAND-OPTION-R sadly didn’t help that. So on Safari, the problem still occurs. Also, fully resetting cookies and cache didn't help either.

Ahh! Well, glad you were able to fix it, @Dannyo -- sorry about the frustration in the meantime. This will be helpful for someone else in the future, I hope.