Skip to main content

Preview excel file visually and on click of anywhere of that it should take to original file.

• 31 May 2024
  • 1 reply

In miro board, I want to embed excel in a way that the snapshop preview is visible in board and on click of anywhere of that snapshot it should take to the original location of the excel file. The excel file is saved in sharepoint of my company. 

I kind of tried it once with one test file and it looks something as attached. But now i cant remember what I did in first place to get it. On click of object this toolbar appears but I dont know what I did in first place. I can see nice preview of excel file. 

After retrying multiple options like embed url, or url the link is enabled on right corner (which is what I dont want). I want to click anywhere on the excel preview and then it should take to original file.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Kafkauser 

The screenshot you showed looks like what you’d get if you used the UPLOAD feature (available as a button in the left hand menu) and tried to upload a file from e.g. OneDrive or Google Drive. In that case, if you click on that little icon -- or double click on the image -- an embedded browser will pop up with that file.

Hope that helps jog your memory!

Cheers, Ken