Answered

Preventing Users from Creating Boards

• 7 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have the consulting license.  I have clients in teams.  Some of my clients are creating their own boards, often by accident, that as the company admin I can’t see.  Is there a way to either prevent team members from the ability to create new boards or for the company admin to see all boards. 

I only know the boards are there because of the count of boards in the team set up screen.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 7 October 2020, 20:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Bruce Imel - There is no way to stop users from creating boards. There is also no way 

to see other users boards as “private” boards are a feature in Miro.

There is an existing Wish List Idea titled Better Admin controls that you may wish to add your comments/vote to.

You could add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bruce Imel -

To add to @Robert Johnson ‘s feedback, I’ve used individual teams for each distinct session or workshop I hold. That way, even if the participants create some boards of their own, when I delete the team a few weeks after all the boards are deleted.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale - Ahhh, I like that strategy and will be using that in the future!

@Kiron Bondale Thanks. I like that approach for small workshops.  Unfortunately, these are long term projects that will last for months.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for the lead on the wish list.  Sounds like nothing I can do for now.