Skip to main content

Hi everybody,

I’d like to use Miro to present a work which can be sum up in a canvas model (a sort of array in which we can shows differents steps to cross for a start up), and I’d like to have the capacity to click on each aera and by clicking, a pop up windows could appear.

Is this feature possible in Miro ?

I thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Olivier

@Vignal -

One way I’ve done this is to use the Miro Comments feature. You can enter in the info as a Comment on each of the steps and when someone clicks on the Comments icon, they will see the details.

Kiron

@Vignal @Kiron Bondale Another option is to use Kanban cards. They open in modals and you can add more information than in comments:

I would echo @Vignal’s request for a pop-up feature. The comment and card ideas don’t work for my purposes, so I’ll elaborate here. I tend to use journey or process mapping, with minimal text in each shape. It would be great if Miro added a feature that allowed you to add a small icon to a board or shape, and when hovered over that icon, a pop-up appeared with additional text, and disappeared when the mouse was moved away. Thanks for considering this feature.

While waiting for a pop-up feature, here’s another workaround if what you want is a pop-up with static info (like a “read more”)

Create the “pop-up window” as a shape, put it away from your other stuff on the board, and fill it with all the added info, illustrations, etc.

Select the shape, right click, and click on Copy link.

In the main shape or form, where you’d like the pop-up to be available from, paste the link either to some text (read more...) or an icon.

When the user clicks on the text or icon, then follows the link, she will be taken to the “pop-up” (which is not a pop-up but just a shape in another part of the board).

Not very nice, I know, but still useful while we wait for miro to come up with a good solution.

Thanks for this great tip, @grenness. Appreciate the insights, and I’m sure it will help out the community.