PDF too large

• 15 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

When I try to import a PDF file on my board I get the message that it is too large. However when I resize it, same problem. What could i do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Minan Mjid -

What is the size of the PDF right now in terms of number of pages and disk space usage?

Are you able to extract one page of the PDF into a separate file and attempt to import that?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale PDF size is 17 892 Ko and with resize it became 11 245 Ko.

It’s a big map with lots of details all on one page so I can’t extract into separate file.

Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Minan Mjid -

Is the resolution (width & height) likely to be bigger the 8192 x 4096 pixels indicated in the error message?

It might be worth extracting a single portion to confirm that can be successfully uploaded so at least we know for sure that it is a size related issue and not something else.

Kiron

@Minan Mjid -

Is the resolution (width & height) likely to be bigger the 8192 x 4096 pixels indicated in the error message?

It might be worth extracting a single portion to confirm that can be successfully uploaded so at least we know for sure that it is a size related issue and not something else.

Kiron

I think the resolution is very likely to be bigger and that’s why it’s not working. 

I tried to extract a portion however the pdf is only one page so I could’nt extract anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Minan Mjid -

How about this - save it as an image, then use a drawing tool to crop it into sections, save each of those as a separate image and upload those and “fit” them together like a jigsaw?

Kiron