PDF Export best quality process interrupted

Dear all

I have the problem, that I cannot export my board as a best quality pdf. Every time I tried, few minutes later the process of export is always interrupted by an error: “something went wrong …”. 

Has this something to do, that Miro has a limitation of data volume?

The board is filled with many images and many pages/frames. So maybe overwhelmed with the data size?

Please help.

P.s. i have a Miro license, so no free version.

Thank you!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Agnes Leclaire -

would recommend you open a support request here providing them with the URL to the board: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Agnes Leclaire, you can try something: Are you on Miro browser access or the desktop app? If you are on either one, you can try the other alternative and see if it works.

I had the same issue previously. Didn't work on app, but worked on browser.

All the best!

Thank you @Kiron Bondale, I will open a support request.

Thank you @Isman Tanuri I`ve tried both way. on browser (safari, chrome) and desktop app. Both way don`t work unfortunately. :(

I have the same issue and have also already filed a support request.

Userlevel 1

Having this issue as well.   both “fat client” as well as with firefox.

this is what the firefox console looks like. 

very unfortunate, since I have an important deliverable to export and this prevents me from being successful :(

the cancel button is also greyed out.

403s seem weird.  I’m definitely logged in.

Please advise. 

As of this morning, mine is stuck at processing the export as well. Was working fine previously. I’m using the Windows desktop app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Constructive Realities / @Ryan Wagner - Can one of you reply to say if you have submitted a Miro support ticket or that one of you will submit one? Here’s the form to create a ticket → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

If would also be appreciated if you could reply back with any updates you receive from the support team.

@Robert Johnson It looks like it is working again...Not sure what happened.

@Robert Johnson 
This is what I received from the support:

Thanks so much for getting in touch! Sorry to hear you're having trouble exporting your frames.

Can you please try the following and see if it does the trick:

1. Switch to the Chrome browser (it provides the best experience with our service);
  2. Close all background browser tabs and apps running on your device. This will redirect all processing power of your device to the export procedure. 
  3. Downsize the uploaded images with the help of any image manipulation program (for example, GIMP).
  4. In some cases, switching to a faster network (trying VPNs) or device may also be helpful.

Please note that the export procedure depends on several factors: 
  • First of all, it depends on the board content itself: if the board contains a large number of widgets, it may cause a disruption in the export process. 
  • This is why splitting your board/frames into smaller parts helps run the export. 
  • Also, we recommend having zoom rate set to ~100% for the optimal performance.

If the issue still persists could you please share the board with support@miro.com with Editor rights? If you do not have a free seat in your team, please send us the direct URL to the board. We will be more than happy to temporarily add another license to your team, so that you could invite us.

If the board contains any sensitive information, feel free to make a copy of the board (while on your Dashboard, right-click the board > choose Duplicate) and remove all confidential information from it before sharing.

None of these solved the issue. Before sharing the board’s url I need to clean it from sensitive information so not an immediate solution either. 

Userlevel 1

@Constructive Realities / @Ryan Wagner - Can one of you reply to say if you have submitted a Miro support ticket or that one of you will submit one? Here’s the form to create a ticket → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

If would also be appreciated if you could reply back with any updates you receive from the support team.

Immediately after posting, (like within 2 minute) it started working again.  it seems infrastructure problem? 

I didn’t open a ticket, but will if it occurs again.

Sorry but this problem has been persisting for the last 2 months or so. Today it was particularly terrible. It’d be great if you could make it work. You may want to change the workflow. Like a competitor of yours (that I used to use before) did it. They send you an email with a link for the download of the PDF, that has been generated on the server. It’s much more fail-safe…

Cheers, Anton

Hello,

I have the problem today. Has it been solved?

Regards, Ka