Answered

Over lapping acounts

• 30 December 2020
  • 8 replies

I have an account that I use for teaching with the Boston Architectural College.
This has worked so well that I am testing it for our office under a separate email. ktornow@fishbrook.com.
Twice now I have created a new board for the office or one for the the school and consequently the two accounts affect each other. Three valuable boards have now been lost that took time to set up when the boards created in one account show up in the other and knock out the other board I made. One had all the student projects.
This is incredibly frustrating and makes no sense.
I need to know that this can be fixed or I will have to stop using Miro.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 31 December 2020, 01:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Also, is there a way to find the lost boards?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kyle Tornow - I am just heading into a 1.5 hour meeting, but a few questions to start:

Good news.

Search did not do anything. Nor do i have any teams. But when I checked my BAC trend setters settings and then retuned to Boards it appeared.

The question of why my work account is affecting my school account still remains though.

If you can help on that….

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kyle Tornow - From the screenshot you provided, it looks like the Miro account you are currently signed in as (by email address) is either a member of--or at least access to a board(s)--that are in seven different Miro teams.

For example, I just added you to one of my Free Plan teams, so you should now have an eighth team show up on the left that you are now a member of, called “group7access” (a reference to the original Tron movie :wink: ).

What often happens is that someone creates a new board intending to create it in Team A, but they were actually in Team B at the time. If this does happen, you can use the ellipsis menu to get to the Move to account (Miro uses the terms “Teams”, “Spaces”, and “Account” interchangeably here):

Okay. Was able to move one to my account. But another one does not allow that option.

I left a screen shot on the board you invited me to.

Thanks for the assitance,

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kyle Tornow - If the account you are currently signed in under is not the one used to create the board, then you are not the “board owner” and will not have the Move to account option.

I do this to myself all of the time, where I have a Consultant Plan and a Free Plan (two different email addresses) and have added my Consultant Plan email address to my Free Plan and when I go to move a board from one team to another and don’t have the Move to account option, I have to open my other (Firefox) browser where I am signed in to the account that I used to create the move and move it using that account.

And if you want to see more information about a board (the Board owner, its Location, i.e., Team, and even which Project (if any) that it’s in), you can use the Board details option:

While it quite often ends up being myself, I distinguish between my two Miro accounts by using “Robert Johnson” in one and “Rob Johnson” in the other.

OKAY. IT WOULD APPEAR i HAVE MY HOUSE BACK IN ORDER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME TO ASSIST ME. OF WHICH THERE IS NOT THAT MUCH MORE OF IN 2020…..THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT.

HAVE A VERY WONDERFULL AND SAFE NEW YEARS CELEBRATION AND AN EVEN BETER 2021.

REGARDS

KYLE

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kyle Tornow - You're welcome! All the best!