Open a board in a new team / outside my team

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I am part of a team (free account) - now I would like to open a new board but for different people.

When selecting the privacy options, I cannot make this new board “invisible” to my old team (highest privacy is “just view”).

Is there a way that I can open a new team in a free account?

Or just somehow start a new board with different people?

Or do I need to leave my old team to do that?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Susanne B

When selecting the privacy options, I cannot make this new board “invisible” to my old team (highest privacy is “just view”).

Correct – private boards are not possible in a Free Plan team.

The only way to create a new Free Plan team on your current account would be to (note: will be easier to do this side-by-side in two browsers, rather than signing in/out of Miro accounts):

1. leave ALL teams you are a member of – Miro would then detect that your profile is not a member of any team and prompt you to create a new team; or
  2. you could create a new Free Plan team/Miro account with another email address and add your current address as a member of that team – the exact steps would be:
    1. Create a new Free Plan team with an email address you have never used with Miro
    2. Add your current email address as a member of that team:
    3. Make that team member a Team Admin:
    4. Under your current Miro account profile, you will now see the new team in on the left vertical bar. Switch to that new team space, go into the team profile settings, Team Users, and you remove the user that you just used to create the new team (you could also just leave them as you own the account used to create the user).

Now you have a new Free Plan team space of which you are the only member.

Great, will try one of those. Thanks!!