Answered

Occasional editors: Team vs Project

• 15 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I would like certain members of my team to have only access to certain projects. Now they all seems to see everything in the team. I work with 14 day pass editors. It would be easier for us just to see our boards (to be used in Hopin). Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 16 April 2021, 00:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Julie Durot - While there are Projects in Miro, I am going to assume that you are referring to boards. And, from our back-and-forth in your previous about post about the best plan for your Hopin event, I am going to assume that you signed up for the Consultant Plan.

If I go that right, I would suggest that you create a team for just the Hopin event, move all the Hopin related boards there, and add the occasional/day pass users to that team, so that they only see the Hopin event aboards.

To do this, you would

1. Click on the team profile settings button:
  2. Click on Company:
  3. Click on Create new team:
  4. You’ll automatically be added to the team - them add any members you want to this team (NOTE: Your existing Full or Occasional members can be added to one or more teams in your Consultant Plan at no additional cost):
  5. And go back to the team where the boards are and use the Move to account option to move them to the newly created team:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Julie Durot - By the way, if you were referring to using Projects as a means of only allowing your 14 occasional users to only have access to the Hopin event boards, they will see all of the boards in the team unless you go into each one’s Share settings and set Anyone at [TEAM NAME] team to No access:

This is because the only way you can add a member (Full or Occasional) to be a member of a Project is if they are first a member of a team.

@Robert Johnson thank you very much! I did the last option, to ‘’hide’’ and don’t give access to my ‘’back-ups’’. I guess it will work fine :)