Objects suddenly locked mid-process

• 26 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m a group new to Miro. We have a board where several people have been adding and moving stickies. All of the sudden we can’t move or add objects. Yes, cursor is in select mode (arrow, not hand). I’ve right-clicked in a blank area and selected unlock all, but the response is there are no items to unlock. There are no frames. In my case I’m using FireFox browser. I tried setting the navigation mode to mouse, but still no joy. It was working fine with FF and not having set the navigation mode. Also in my case, stickies and other objects are locked.

What do I look for?

Never mind. I refreshed the page and now I see the that we’ve exceeded the free limits:

5 replies

Maybe we reached a maximum since we’re using the free version. We have nine attendees, and I don’t know how many objects we’ve added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nancy Folsom - You can create unlimited boards, but only the 3 most recently created boards will be editable - the rest will become view-only.

More on this in the Free Plan Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730373-Free-plan#h_01F32T09ZPAAW8SV9WN2WA0BFN

@Nancy Folsom - You can create unlimited boards, but only the 3 most recently created boards will be editable - the rest will become view-only.

More on this in the Free Plan Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730373-Free-plan#h_01F32T09ZPAAW8SV9WN2WA0BFN

Yeah, we figured that out, but it’s weird. The total counted against the board our instructor was using and had shared with us, not against each of our individual accounts. So, I can’t create boards because it will count against my instructor’s account? Or share? Yep, I guess I’m still confused and will just not experiment at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nancy Folsom - Yes, the total is for the team/workspace and not for each team member. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nancy Folsom - There are two common scenarios leading to someone creating a Miro account:

1. An existing Miro account profile holder invites someone to a board at which point the recipient of the invite creates an account and is also added to the team to which the board you were invited to resides.
  2. Someone goes to miro.com and creates a new account which results in their having their own Free Plan team. If you then invite someone to collaborate on a board in your Free Plan team and they have no Miro account profile, then they fall into the first scenario that I mentioned.

If you are only a member of this one team--this can be determined by looking at the the left-hand vertical bar in your dashboard - for example:

… then what you can do now is to:

1. Leave the team you currently on by clicking on the team profile settings icon:
  2. and then the Leave team button:

At this point, Miro will detect that your Miro account profile is no longer a member of any team and will prompt you to create your own Free Plan team that you will be the only member of and will be able to create your 3-editable boards. You can then carefully choose who to invite to your team to collaborate on your boards with, knowing that anyone who you invite will also become a team member.

If you need to get back into your instructor’s team, too, ask them to invite you again. Now you can switched between the two account profiles.

My advice is that, if you do want someone to collaborate on your boards with you, you should ask them if they already have a Miro account/their own team. If not, ask them to go create a new account and if prompted during the process to NOT join any teams - this can happen if someone with the same email domain, e.g., someone[@]workdomain.com has already set up a team and made is searchable to anyone else creating an account.