New to Miro and first Team Meeting via Zoom on a Miro Board HELP!

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I would love the community help.  I have done the basic courses in Miro.  My Client is the owner of the Miro Account and I am added to the Miro as a Member.  She is listed as the Company Admin Role.  We are looking to have our first team meeting using Miro via Zoom.  My Client will send the zoom link to all the team members and I am to create the Miro Board and have them all join the board once the meeting starts.  I have loaded Miro app to my zoom and I can see any boards that I create.  

Question on the step by step process for zooming with a miro board?

1. Should my user access be changed from Member to Company Admin in order to join my clients zoom link for the meeting. My client is currently listed as Company Admin User Role.
  2. OR should I be creating the zoom meeting for all to join and running the Miro as well from my end.  I am confused on this and how it works. She creates the Zoom Meeting Link, she must have the Miro APP loaded to her zoom.
  3. So once all the zoom participants have joined the meeting, I open the Miro Board that I created and EMBED, the board appears on the screen.
  4. Then there are buttons top right of screen: COLLABORATE / SHARE APP SCREEN / INVITE USERS TO USE APP / 
  5. So which one do I use.  Is it INVITE USES TO USE APP - all participants. and then they can interact or is the invitation to the board done before the Zoom Meeting
  6. As you can see, I am confused on the step process. The training videos don’t show me the step by step process to run a zoom meeting and use a Miro board whilst live on the zoom.
  7. Also how do you reduce the people image layout so more screen is available for the board.

I welcome the advice from the community as my first Miro Zoom Meeting is 7 days away and I need to know this process to run the meeting. Thank you all in advance. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Donna Parker - I assume you are referring to the Miro for Microsoft Teams app.

I have never used this app, but can understand where it could be confusing.

Why not just create a Miro board, share a link to the board to the participants of the meeting, and then share your screen/browser/etc. during the meeting, so they can watch you as you drive the meeting?

I suppose this depends on who the participants are,  e.g., are they all members of the same Miro team where the board resides? If not, can you use the Visitors access method, i.e., “Anyone with the board”? The answer to that may depend on what Miro subscription type you are using – you mentioned the Company Admin role, so it is either the Business or Enterprise Plan – if the latter, visitors/public access may currently be disabled, but your Company Admin client could enable it.

Another option is the Guests access method, where you can share the board directly with any registered Miro user – again, this may currently be disabled for the team where the board resides.

This all sums up to: Is there an absolute need to use the MS Teams app? (There very well be a good reason for it, but having not used the app before I am not sure what the reasons could be.)

Hello @Robert Johnson I appreciate your time in responding to me.  I am using Zoom, not Microsoft Teams. Two of them are members of the team, 3 are not.  I was going to create the board, conduct the zoom meeting, open Miro in the meeting and share the board with participants so they can interact and do the workshops.  Do you have any experience with that Robert.  With Miro and Zoom meetings.  Thanks so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @Robert Johnson I appreciate your time in responding to me.  I am using Zoom, not Microsoft Teams.

@Donna Parker - Wow, I obviously had MS Teams on my brain as I use it nearly every day. Kindly replace “MS Teams” with “Zoom” in my original replay, including the link to the Miro for Zoom app link ;)

Two of them are members of the team, 3 are not.

Depending on your Miro subscription type, there may be restrictions that will not allow you to share the board to non-company/external users.

I was going to create the board, conduct the zoom meeting, open Miro in the meeting and share the board with participants so they can interact and do the workshops.  Do you have any experience with that Robert.  With Miro and Zoom meetings.

I do not have experience with the Miro for Zoom app - only with sharing my screen in Zoom and sharing a board link to participants in the meeting (the same as just emailing anyone a link to a board).

I would suggest reviewing the Miro app for Zoom help center/user guide, specifically what this could mean for you (if you are on the Enterprise Plan):

✏️ For Enterprise plan Miro users, your access settings will follow organization-wide access controls which might imply that you can only share the board as in the board settings. Learn more: Managing Enterprise sharing policy for embed integrations.

And the section around Set board access settings as, again, I’m not sure if they will “just work” in your meeting:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012756459-Miro-App-for-Zoom#h_01F6RKME3EBZTCGV7WP2MD7XM3

To ensure a successful experience, I would suggest picking a non-team member (ideally a team member, too) to do a test Zoom call with.

Thanks so much.

You’re welcome.