New board owner, unable to change board title

I have been assigned the owner role on a Miro Board.
This has been checked - i can see my name as the owner.
However, I am unable to change the board title.
Please advise. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NickF -

Can you confirm how you are going about changing the board name? Also, does it give you an error message when you try to do so and if so, what is the error you are receiving?

Kiron

I’m moving to the top left corner and clicking (double clicking) on board name. Unable to edit as with boards I have personally created. Usually there is a popup dialog box.
No errors. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NickF -

Can you try with a board in which you were able to change the name before to see if this is limited to this specific board or is a general issue for you? If it is board-specific then you could try making someone else a co-owner and see if they can change it. If it is happening with all boards, then I’d recommend trying to access Miro using a different method (e.g. desktop app instead of browser or a different browser) to see if that works.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NickF - A few more questions:

When you hover over the board name, does your mouse pointer turn into a hand?

If Miro is recognizing your signed in Miro profile as the owner, then you will always be able to click on the board name to open the board details modal.

Another question: When you hover over your avatar, what board role do you see? The board own will always see “Board owner”:

And, from the team dashboard where the board resides, what do you see in the Owner column?

And, what options do you see when you right-click on the board (or use the ellipsis menu)?

Next, what do you see in the Sharing settings panel?

take you here…

If everything looks as it should, and you still cannot open the board details modal to rename the board, and you are using a browser, try disabling any installed extensions.

You could also try the Miro desktop app.

Hi, answering your points in turn…..

1. The mouse remains a pointer, not a hand.
  2. its says my board role is Editor. However, i have the say role on boards i created, and where i can edit the title.
  3. On the dashboard which lists all boards, owners etc….. I am shown as the owner. 
  4. clicking the 3 dots… the menu shown is limited to “copy board link, open in new tab”
  5. I don't have permission to share the board.

I think I know the reason…. my internal email address was changed….. I suspect all the boards are owned by my previous user name…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NickF 

On the dashboard which lists all boards, owners etc….. I am shown as the owner. 

The key difference here is:

1. if it shows “me”, then you are currently signed in to Miro using the email address/account ID that is assigned as the board owner.
  2. If it shows a name, then you are not viewing the dashboard/board as the account profile that is the owner - the name being displayed is what is set in the account profile’s “First & Last Name” field. One thing to note here -- and a way to mess with people next April 1 -- is that you could change your account profile name to anything you want, e.g., someone else’s name, or “me”, or “Visiting guest”, and that name will show up in the dashboard as the owner, and beside your cursor when you are on a board.

I think I know the reason…. my internal email address was changed….. I suspect all the boards are owned by my previous user name…..

That would be it!