mouse pointer is not changing when using pen

• 23 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I have suddenly started facing issue with my digital pen, pointers shape doesn't change whenever I select some option, like after selecting pen it doesn't turn into the pen shape, but It works fine with mouse

pls suggest some resolution for it

kind Regards

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Damini Lal -

Since the issue appears to be related to the digital pen, can you check its configuration and try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if that makes a difference?

Is this through a web browser or with the Miro desktop app? You might try a different Miro access method to see if the pen works correctly as that might narrow down the cause.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kiron Bondale 

thanks for suggesting the solution, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver, but it is still not working

but with I just remember wacom’s driver got updated a day before only, that day it worked fine, but next day I started facing this issue, 

so let me wait for another update, may be this gets resolved on its own as I can still do my work on board though

thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Damini Lal -

That’s a good possibility! One way to check for sure is to roll back the driver version to an earlier or original version and see if it resumes normal operation. The challenge with such situations is whether it is a bug with Wacom’s driver update or it is a bug on the Miro side resulting from something fixed in the Wacom driver…

Kiron

Userlevel 1

@Kiron Bondale 

I tried Rolling back to older version but but that driver seems obsolete as it is not even detecting that pen, showing in device manager that driver hasn’t started

thanks again

Userlevel 1

similar issue happened with me last year as well after an update from Miro, but with time it got resolved, so hoping same this time too :-)

@Kiron Bondale 

A few days ago I noticed the same issue with my graphic pad XP-Pen Star 06c. The cursor doesn’t change but blinking when I move it. It is pretty inconvenient during the lectures. I have updated the pad driver and the Chrome browser with no effect. 

When I move the mouse the cursor becomes a hand, a pencil and not blinking as it should. So it is very likely the issue is caused by Miro setting Preferences>Navigation Device introduced recently. Any suggestions how to get this problem to the devs team?

Userlevel 1

@Val Ivey issue is still persisting, it is hampering the flow of my lectures too, its a kind request pls look into the matter, I am using wacom pen(one by wacom CTL-672

im also having the same issue sudden my digital pen pointers shape doesn't change whenever I select some option (pen, ereaser) and only show as a cursor on the screen and its very annoying.