Miro mindmap is slow, freezy and lagging

• 8 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am using Miro for creating mindmaps and I absolutely love it. However, there is one issue with that. At the moment my mindmap became really large (around 1000 nodes), the whole project starts to lag, I can’t drag any nodes without them freezing etc.

I wonder if that’s issue on Miro side, or on my side? I am not a technical guy, but maybe my graphics/RAM are too low for my tasks?

Thanks

7 replies

Same problem with nodes about 200...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Anton Pankratov ,

I would request you to check

• Reboot your laptop, and then open the browser and then check your mind map and see if it behave the same.
  • Also try changing your browser.

That will isolate the issue to check if its on ur laptop or on Miro’s side. 

Regards

Thanks

Aman

We have the same issue of extreme slowness in a workshop. When testing the voting, the MIRO got stuck. We checked our connection - everything runs on highest speed; restarting didn’t help. I am working with the desktop version. We (me and my IT support) have the impression, this is an issue on the MIRO side. Help (improvement) would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

I am using Miro for creating mindmaps and I absolutely love this. However, there is one issue with that. At the moment my mindmap became really large (around 1000 nodes), the whole project starts to lag, I can’t drag any nodes without them freezing etc.

I wonder if that’s issue on Miro side, or on my side? I am not a technical guy, but maybe my graphics/RAM are too low for my tasks?

Thanks

Hey Everyone, When you experience lag and freezing issues in Miro, it could be due to a combination of factors, including the size of your mindmap and the capabilities of your device. Here are a few things to consider:

1. Device Specifications: Large mindmaps with a significant number of nodes can be resource-intensive, requiring a device with sufficient processing power and memory (RAM). If your device has lower specifications, it may struggle to handle the complexity of the mindmap, resulting in lag and freezing. Upgrading your device or using a more powerful computer may improve performance.

2. Internet Connection: Miro is a web-based application, and the performance can also be affected by the quality and stability of your internet connection. Ensure that you have a stable and high-speed internet connection to minimize any potential latency issues.

3. Browser Compatibility: Different web browsers may have varying levels of compatibility with Miro. Try using Miro with different browsers to see if performance improves. Miro recommends using the latest version of Google Chrome for the best experience.

4. Mindmap Optimization: If your mindmap has become very large and complex, it may be worth considering ways to optimize it. This could include breaking it down into smaller sub-maps or using grouping and hierarchy to organize the nodes more efficiently. Removing any unnecessary elements or reducing the number of open boards in Miro can also help improve performance.

5. Contact Miro Support: If you have tried the above steps and are still experiencing performance issues, it may be helpful to reach out to Miro support directly. They can provide specific guidance and assistance based on your situation and may be able to offer further troubleshooting steps or recommendations.

Hello,

I am using Miro for creating mindmaps and I absolutely love it. However, there is one issue with that. At the moment my mindmap became really large (around 1000 nodes), the whole project starts to lag, I can’t drag any nodes without them freezing etc. apkfelx

Thanks

Hey Dear, 

When a mind map in Miro becomes large and starts to lag, it could be due to a combination of factors on both Miro's side and your side. Here are a few possibilities to consider:

1. Internet Connection: A slow or unstable internet connection can impact the performance of online tools like Miro. Make sure you have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection to ensure smooth usage.

2. Device and Browser: The specifications of your device (computer or mobile) and the browser you are using can affect performance. Ensure that you are using a device with sufficient processing power and memory. Also, try using different browsers to see if the issue persists. Some browsers may handle large projects more efficiently than others.

3. Miro Server Load: If many users are simultaneously accessing Miro or if the server is experiencing heavy usage, it can affect performance. Check if other users are experiencing similar issues during the same time frame. You can reach out to Miro's customer support or visit their status page to check for any reported issues.

4. Mind Map Complexity: The size and complexity of your mind map can contribute to the lag. A mind map with a large number of nodes, images, or complex connections may strain the system's resources. Simplifying the map by grouping nodes or using collapsible sections can help improve performance.

5. Browser Extensions: Certain browser extensions or add-ons might interfere with Miro's functionality. Try disabling any extensions that you are not actively using to see if they are causing the lag.

I hope these point will help you alot.

I took a deep dive into your website, and I must say, the range of AI tools you showcase is impressive. It's fantastic to see a platform dedicated to curating and presenting cutting-edge solutions for businesses of all sizes. The user-friendly interface makes navigation a breeze, and the detailed insights provided for each tool are incredibly helpful. isthereaiforthat

Kidzaad.pk is your go-to haven for adorable and trendy kids' garments. Discover a world where fashion meets comfort, designed exclusively for the young ones. From playful patterns to comfortable essentials, our collection is curated to cater to every child's style preferences.