Miro in Zoom breakouts, then show to main group?

• 25 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I know Miro can present within Zoom breakout groups. My question is what happens when the group is ended, and the participants are called back to the main screen?

If I’m working with a team in a breakout, then want to display what we accomplished to the whole group, once we’re out of the breakout room, how do I do that? Is that Miro screen exportable in some way. I need for that work to be seen by everybody.

Looking forward to hearing ideas on this. Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there!

Thanks so much for this very good question! I’m still figuring this out but didn’t want you to think that we forgot about you, so here’s just a little hello from our side for now!

As soon as I’ve found out more, I will let you know!

Thanks for your patience!:turtle:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Quick question for our understanding so we can help you better: Are you using the Miro app for Zoom or are you referring to the Zoom breakouts feature and there you’re using Miro in web? 

Thanks a lot!

I’m actually not using Miro at present. My goal is to find out if what I’ve described is possible. If it’s not, I likely won’t buy Miro.

However I can combine Zoom and Miro to accomplish the goal, is what I’ll do.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great, thanks for clarifying! Again, I’m in communication with a colleague who’s more knowledgeable in this field and will get back to you as soon as I have more info!:nerd:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi J!

Good news - I got the answers to your questions!:bulb:

This is what you’ll have to consider:

1. If you want to use Zoom + Miro, you have two options: You can use the integration that we have with Zoom or you can use Zoom and Miro separately (with Miro in the web browser)
  2. If you are working with users that are not signed into Zoom, the latter approach is recommended since the Zoom apps only work for users that are signed in.
  3. With the latter approach, you can use Zoom breakouts + Miro breakouts to achieve what you want to do. Then, you can share screen to show the Miro board in the main room or export it at the end.
  4. If you want to use the Zoom integration, you’ll need to ensure that the meeting participants are signed into Zoom. You can create the board ahead of time and use frames to separate the breakout groups. Then, if you share the board with "Anyone can edit" permissions, your participants can edit it during the meeting and you’ll still have access to the board after the meeting.

I hope this helps! Let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to know! :smiley:

Does “signed in to Zoom” this mean that everyone in the Zoom meeting needs to be a paid Zoom user? That sort of defeats the purpose for anything that is not an internal corporate event.

My User Story:

As a trainer whose course model includes using Miro with Zoom, I want to use a single Miro board with the entire class in a way that allows access to the Miro board to multiple teams when they are in Zoom breakout rooms, so that the work can be done and captured on a single board.

Of course I can do this without any integration, which is what I must continue to do until this question is resolved.

Some of my corporate customers can use Zoom but are prevented by their security policies from connecting directly to the Zoom website. Can they access my Miro board through the Zoom integration?