[RESOLVED] Miro can't copy anything from any board to the Windows Clipboard

Userlevel 1

I have the Copy & Paste problem inside Miro boards on Windows 11 in web version on Firefox 115.0.2 (64-bit, all addons disabled) and in Miro x64 app too (downloaded from miro.com). This issue happens because for some reason web version on Firefox and Miro app can’t copy anything from a board to the Windows Clipboard, and it doesn’t matter if I use Ctrl+C, or Right Mouse Button copy option. Tried Shift+Ctrl+C too. There is no such problem with Google Chrome. Please see this GIF:

As you can see, there is nothing in the Clipboard after copying from the board.
Sometimes it works in the Miro app after I restart it, but after some time the issue returns.
Duplicating with Alt+Left Mouse Button drag works, and copying and pasting between boards works in Google Chrome, so I will use this as a workaround until the fix for Miro app and web version on Firefox will eventually come (I hope so!) 🙂
Today this issue was described by another Miro user here:
https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/copying-and-pasting-not-working-on-board-4128

Robert Johnson 9 months ago

Update from Miro Support:

Our engineering team let us know that they fixed the issue with copy/pasting in Firefox - could you please check the behaviour on your end and let us know if the functionality works as expected now?

Please let us know what you find out. We'll be looking forward to your reply!

I have tested and the issue appears to be resolved.

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yan Kansky - I am seeing this same behaviour in Firefox.

I will open a support ticket and update this post with what the support team tells me.

Scenario: Windows clipboard is empty

Given my Windows clipboard is empty

When I copy a sticky note (or Card or Shape) to my clipboard in Firefox and paste

Then a copy of the ticket note (or Card or Shape) is created.

However, if anything is present in my Windows clipboard when I try to copy-paste an object using Firefox, the Miro object is not copied to my clipboard - instead, the contents are pasted onto the board.

Scenario: Windows clipboard is NOT empty

Given my Windows clipboard has a plain-text value of “sdf” copied from Notepad

When I copy a sticky note (or Card or Shape) to my clipboard in Firefox and paste

Then a Text object with a value of “sdf” is created.

Configuration

• Windows 11, 64-bit, OS build 22621.1992
  • Firefox 115.0.2 (64-bit)
Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson , thanks a lot! 🙏

Much appreciated 👍

Hitting the same issue. Windows 11, Firefox. Works fine in Edge.

I was be able to copy and paste images in Miro without issues, however this is no long possible. This has happened only recently. Miro is allowing me to copy and paste text only inside the board. I can add new images to the board.

I am set as the Owner of the board, so this isn’t to do with sharing settings.

Anyone else having this issue?

--

This issues seems to be related to the latest update in Mozilla Firefox browser: Version 115.0.2.

Edge works without any copy and paste errors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gregory Strachan - I moved your post to this existing post.

I can confirm, I also have this problem with Firefox 115.0.2; however in Windows 10. Several colleagues reported the same (we have a common company PC configuration).

I have the same problem, it was fine until some days ago but now I can no longer copy items in Firefox.

Firefox Version 115.0.2. Works fine in other browsers

Userlevel 1

I’ve noticed that Miro asks permission from Google Chrome to paste something and access clipboard:

After that site settings look like that, and I can paste without any issue:

If I reset permission, settings look like that:

And Miro asks for permission from Chrome again.
Maybe we just need grant such permission for Miro in Mozilla Firefox somewhere?
If yes, then Miro should ask for it in Firefox too.

I have the same thing.
I checked the setting in Firefox and it's ok.
So seems to be on Miro side (not sure, could be a Firefox bug as well)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We understand you're having issues with copying board objects in Firefox and we can confirm that a bug on our end causes this behavior – we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience it causes and assure you that we're working towards a resolution!

As a current workaround, we'd suggest you use a different browser, as the copying functionality works as expected there.

We'll continue to follow up with any updates as soon as possible. Please bear with us!

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson, sounds great, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Our engineering team let us know that they fixed the issue with copy/pasting in Firefox - could you please check the behaviour on your end and let us know if the functionality works as expected now?

Please let us know what you find out. We'll be looking forward to your reply!

I have tested and the issue appears to be resolved.

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson, the issue is actually resolved! ✅
Thank you so much!
Please check the GIF:

Now Miro can grab data from Firefox to clipboard with no issues!

I also (still) suffer from this issue. The thread claims it was solved but does not mention if there is is a specific version etc that is required. I’m happy to provide more info

My setup:

• Ubuntu 23.10
  • Firefox 120.0.1 (64-bit)
Userlevel 1

This was fixed, but it seems to be broken again. Doesn’t work for me since Today, but was working last week.

I have this same issue in Firefox 119.0 on Fedora Workstation 38. Can’t copy but can Duplicate, but then can’t move what I’ve duplicated.

I still have this issue on the browser Floorp11.10.5 version (which is based on Firefox) running on latest Arch Linux. Can’t copy, but can duplicate(with ctrl+alt)
At the same time, with the same OS on the same computer, but with the Chrome browser, everything works fine.