Mind Maps break / currupt– what can I do?

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I use mind maps a lot and often this error occurs: Suddenly the mind map has no center anymore, just branches. It is then not possible to use the Mindmaps anymore. I usually end up recreating them from scratch. 

This happens to me with MindMaps of all sizes. And it happens not at a specific action. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

4 replies

Hi @Harald G 
I'd be happy to help here!

I'm afraid I couldn’t replicate the issue you described and it seems like the mind map tool works fine on my end. Also currently we don't have any similar reports from other users, so I assume something on your end might be causing this behavior. To that end, please try these basic troubleshooting steps and see if it helps:

1. Try the Incognito mode or any other browser's Private mode or window. This allows us to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by cache and cookies or some browser extensions. If you have some extensions enabled in the incognito/private mode - please temporarily disable them.
    If in the Incognito mode everything works fine, make sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies and then sign out and back into your Miro profile anew before checking the process in the standard mode. Additionally, please disable all extensions for your browser.
  2. If you use VPN, try switching it off/on.
  3. Switch to another browser/network/device, if possible, and check the situation there.

If none of the above help, let me know so that we can convert your post into a support ticket and continue our investigation.

@Arin Thanks for looking into this. 

I do not use a browser, I use the Miro App for Mac. 

I do not use a VPN.

Do you have tips on how to resolve this on the App?

Thank you,

H.

Hey @Harald G 

In most cases resetting the app data helps resolve issues with the Desktop app. To reset your Miro app data open the desktop app and click Miro in the top menu and choose Reset application data as shown in the screenshot below:

​​​​​?name=inline-1226642182.png​​​

After that, log in to the Miro desktop app and check the situation with your mind maps.

If the issue persists, you can delete all app files from your system and download the latest version from here: https://miro.com/apps/.

I hope it helps!

@Arin Thank you - I reset the application and will let you know if the issue persists.