Laggy on M1 iPad

Userlevel 2

I have been using a 1st generation iPad Pro (11 inch) with A12X chip for the last couple of years and have had no problem with Miro.

However I recently got a new, 5th generation iPad Pro (12.9 inch) with the M1 chip and Miro is now extremely difficult to write on with the Apple Pencil because of lag. I use Miro to conduct my tutoring sessions so it is always a one on one situation, not a crowded board. 

Is this a known issue, perhaps something with the M1 chip? This is potentially a huge dealbreaker for me. I have tried reinstalling the app, swapping different Apple pencils, etc., with no improvement. 

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @John Terhorst

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Sorry to hear you faced this issue. Could you please check if the same lag occurs should you open Miro's web version in a browser (if possible - in Safari)? This will help us understand whether the issue is specific to the app or the device in general. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Alyona - I did try in Safari and the results were the same as in the app. Hope this helps.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @John Terhorst! Just curious, is Miro the only app on your new iPad that has this issue? Are you using the Apple Pencil in other apps?

Userlevel 2

Hello @Henrik Ståhl - I did check this, for example writing in Notability with the Apple Pencil is fine, no lag. But in Miro the lines lag behind the pencil unless I draw very slowly. I have also tried a different Wi-Fi connection and gotten the same results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst Then it's likey something with the Miro app. 😞 One more question: Have you tried turning off all apps except Miro and see if it makes any difference?

Im having the same issue. My ipad air keeps lagging whenever I use the apple pencil and its super frustrating when using it while I work. Any solutions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst @Won Ashenafi Did any of you reach out to the Miro support and opened up a support ticket? I think that is your best option.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support

Userlevel 2

@Henrik Ståhl I will do that now. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst I hope it gets solved! 💜

I’m having the same issue!  I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 (M1) to use miro on the big screen, so I'm waiting for improvements!

I have been troubling that has been occurring with the same issue in my iPad Pro M1, too.
I hope to be improved the issue.
By the way, the lag occurs in both Miro app and Chrome when writing with Apple pencil

I’m facing the same issue here in Apple iPad Air 5 M1 chip.

Hope it would get fixed soon~

Userlevel 2

I filed a support ticket that was escalated back in June. I just contacted them for an update… I will report back with any new information.