[KNOWN BUG] Board objects shifting after zoom in/out

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As of today, I am noticing that board objects are shifting/rendering weirdly after a zoom in/out.

This is happening in the Miro desktop app, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox on both Windows 10 and 11 (64-bit).

Below is a GIF of what it looks like (and it is very distracting haha).

I have opened a support ticket and will report back with what the support team tells me.

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

(Unfortunate) Update #3 from Miro support:

During testing, we found a severe regression that the fix would cause. This approach unfortunately is not viable. 
This means that in order to fix this case, we have to dig much deeper, and this will not be an “easy” fix as we had first anticipated. 

For now, we have to put this case back in the backlog and come back to it only when we progress with other initiatives that have been determined to have precedence. At this time, we cannot provide a timeline as to when this issue will be addressed. 

We're really sorry this was the outcome of this attempt. We understand how much this impacts your workflow. 

In the meantime, let me close the ticket to keep your inbox free of extra notifications. We will be sure to follow up whenever an update becomes available. 
Should you like to present any additional feedback or concerns - once you reply in this thread, the ticket will be automatically reopened.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have also noted that images are now rendering with a grey pulsating-like effect. Perhaps a new rendering algorithm was introduced, but it could use some more work, e.g., eliminate the shifting!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m noticing it now too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m noticing it now too. 

Sorry😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro: I am seeing it everywhere now. Please revert what change were deployed🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am noticing this in the Android mobile app too.

In this test, watch this part of the board after I zoom in/out (it is where two pictures overlap):

Here's a video clip of the shifting in action:

I'll admit it's kind of hard to see at first and is not happening after ever zoom, but once you do see it, it's hard to unsee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes, I am obessing over this 😜

Here is a better video example that I uploaded to YouTube:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support is that they 

have reproduced the same behavior with Chrome, Firefox, or Edge on Windows 10 and Mac OS, and a ticket has been opened to our developers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am currently on this board for Distributed ‘22 and the shifting-images-after-zoom is horrible and maddening: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVPGCBCpg=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support:

The developers have found the source of the bug. They are working on it, but no ETA has been communicated at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

(Unfortunate) Update #3 from Miro support:

During testing, we found a severe regression that the fix would cause. This approach unfortunately is not viable. 
This means that in order to fix this case, we have to dig much deeper, and this will not be an “easy” fix as we had first anticipated. 

For now, we have to put this case back in the backlog and come back to it only when we progress with other initiatives that have been determined to have precedence. At this time, we cannot provide a timeline as to when this issue will be addressed. 

We're really sorry this was the outcome of this attempt. We understand how much this impacts your workflow. 

In the meantime, let me close the ticket to keep your inbox free of extra notifications. We will be sure to follow up whenever an update becomes available. 
Should you like to present any additional feedback or concerns - once you reply in this thread, the ticket will be automatically reopened.