Keyboard Shortcuts not working using Microsoft Edge

• 25 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Active Contributor
  • 24 replies

Hi, 

Has anyone noticed that the keyboardshortcuts aren’t working as expected using Microsoft Edge? 

A popular one we use is Alt → (any arrow key) to copy an object in whatever direction but in Edge this is resizing a window and moving it to part of the screen.

For example alt + → makes edge half the screen and moves it to the right of the screen. This isn’t documented in Edge’s shortcuts but until now alt = → would copy the item to the right.

So, has anyone experienced? Have you found a way to restore the previous behaviour? Am I going mad?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gav - The keyboard shortcuts are working as expected for me in Edge (Version 116.0.1938.54 (Official build) (64-bit).

A popular one we use is Alt → (any arrow key) to copy an object in whatever direction but in Edge this is resizing a window and moving it to part of the screen.

The behaviour you are describing is what happens when holding the Windows key and using the arrow to move the active window/application around the screen.

Perhaps someone either swapped your Tab and Windows key as a prank, or you have a keyboard similar to this person → https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/cc3450e9-a414-4441-a06a-9307677e1aa4

Userlevel 1

I can assure you I AM pressing ALT not WIN! 

An no, no one is messing with my key maps. 

I do however have a Keychron! And yes it looks like the switch from windows to Mac had flipped! Doh! I should have checked - never occurred to me.