Skip to main content

Jamboard import for free accounts

• 17 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone!

Just passing by to ask a (sort of silly) question. I’d like to import my work in Jamboards but one can only do so if you have a paid account. I wonder if I could pay one month subscription, import everything and if then after cancelling my subscription I’d still be able to see my content, or if by cancelling the subscription I’d also lose my boards. 

Could anyone help me with this? 

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Coté Durán N - Your imported items will not be lost as they will be converted into Miro objects. You would, however, be limited to three editable boards in a Free Plan, so would need to copy-paste all of your Miro boards into three kornlessl boards if you wish to continue to have edit access to all of the content. 

@Coté Durán N, confirming this workaround works but NO NEED TO PAY. I experienced the same issue in hopes to migrate from Jamboard to Miro after Google’s recent announcement. Lo and behold I’ve a clever workaround. In order to see “Import from Jamboard” as a selection in dropdown menu, yes, you do have to be a paid user. However Miro offers a FREE 14-DAY TRIAL for the Business Plan. I upgraded my account via free trail (heads up they require credit card details) and then I cancelled the plan right away. I still had 14 days remaining but it did allow me to “Import from Jamboard”. Hope this helps. 

After upgrading to Business Plan via free trail, you’ll see more import options

Also you’ll have until December 31, 2024 to migrate from Jamboard into Miro per source below:

https://support.google.com/jamboard/answer/14084927

Dude this is so good. Thaaanks so much for tsking the time to share.

Question, did u still have to put them all in one big miro board? Or did this move allow you to have more than the three free boards after you cancelled?

Thaaanks!

No problem, happy to help. I had only 1 Jamboard to migrate and my existing Miro account contained only 1 whiteboard... so my total was 2 after migration. I would defer to Miro’s support team and ask implications when you migrate 3+ whiteboards and then downgrade from Business Plan to Free Plan. This remains a mystery to me.