Question

Items move (all together) even when locked

• 1 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have a set of rectangles (play cards) that I have been filling in. I have been working on this with a less experienced Miro user so I thought they were moving all the boxes around. But today I went trhough all the cards again, locked all the shapes and text boxes and selected ‘owner only can unlock’. Yet, all the shapes suddendly moved - there definitely is a pattern, as if they stayed locked together but that the entire was misaligned. I cant figure it out, and feel it will keep happening. 

Here is a regular card with all aligned. 

Here are the misaligned cards, despite them being locked. 

Can anybody help with the issue ? it’s as if things slightly moved to the left all together. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hortense Montoux - Greetings from Saskatchewan /=S=/

It’s hard to tell from your screenshots, but the first thing I will notes is that if you have a frame in the mix of your objects, locked objects can be move by a frame, e.g.:

If there are no frames, I would be curious to know what is going on. If you don’t want to mess with your production board, you could first duplicate it. Then, if you right-clicked on the board and select Unlock all, and then select all objects, what are all of the types that show up in your filter?

One more question: Are any of your objects grouped?