Skip to main content

I am a teacher, and we are trying to use Miro for a semester-long collaborative creative project - not just a one-off brainstorm as I’ve used it in class before. I would love to be able to figure out which notes were added when, and be able to illuminate by week the additions from that week. Like lighting up where we started, which ideas were added in the next phase, and the next phase, etc. Without starting new boards, and being able to keep the cumulative ideation in spatial relationship to each other on the board. 

Does this feature exist? Or is there a way to approximate it? Thank you for any advice or tips!

Hi @Shannon S,

Thank you for sharing your question! Your semester-long collaborative project sounds fantastic, and I understand why you’d want to track and visualize additions to your Miro board over time.

Currently, Miro doesn’t have a built-in feature to track specific changes by date or "illuminate" additions over different phases. But you can alway submit a wishlist post if you think this feature will benifit others as well.

In the meantime, there are some workarounds that could approximate this:

1. Miro has a board history feature that lets you go back to previous versions of the board. You can manually review how the board has evolved over time. This could help you pinpoint changes between phases.

2. You could encourage your students to add dates or comments when adding their ideas. It’s a manual process but could help keep track of which ideas were added when.

3. Consider creating a template for each phase, where students input their ideas. Although it’s not an automated way to track changes by time, it helps structure contributions over different periods.

I hope these suggestions help! Let me know if you need further clarification or more tips for Miro.