Is there a way to delete a "Type something" box without deleting the attached lines and info below?

• 29 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hey there! We use Miro to display our company org chart and was wondering if we could delete the “Type something” box without deleting the info below? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RyanSkytale - That text is from an empty mind map node. You can move the downstream/child nodes, delete the empty one, and move the “Client Success Team” node back.

@RyanSkytale - That text is from an empty mind map node. You can move the downstream/child nodes, delete the empty one, and move the “Client Success Team” node back.

Thanks! I tried that however the next node just places right over it. I even hit “bring to front” and nothing changed. Maybe im missing a setting? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You need to

1. move the “Client Success Team” node - how you should have a line ending with “Type something”.
  2. Next, click on “Type something” to select it and press the Delete key. Now “Type something” (and the line above it) should be gone.
  3. Finally, click and drag on “Client Success Team” and drag it back to were the other end of the “Type something” line/node used to connect to.

It is kind of hard to advise more detailed steps without a bigger visual of your mind map.

You need to

1. move the “Client Success Team” node - how you should have a line ending with “Type something”.
  2. Next, click on “Type something” to select it and press the Delete key. Now “Type something” (and the line above it) should be gone.
  3. Finally, click and drag on “Client Success Team” and drag it back to were the other end of the “Type something” line/node used to connect to.

It is kind of hard to advise more detailed steps without a bigger visual of your mind map.

I PM’d you! Thank you!