Answered

Is Open Access to Projects Possible?

• 1 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I have created a project within my org’s account which contains 7 boards but it seems if you create boards within a project, it’s not possible to have open access to them? Is that correct? Not ideal as I don’t want to have to invite people individually to the boards. Is there a solution to this? Do I have to move the boards out of projects and into my own personal account? 

Thanks for help!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 February 2021, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vanessa Byrne - It sounds like the team or company admin as set the permissions of new projects to be private by default, which helps keeps things less cluttered for all users.

You can change the project permissions by opening the project and then clicking on project name. This will open the project settings window:

More on Projects in the following Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018262033-Projects

@Robert Johnson , thanks for your quick response. It seems that when working within a project, to access, one has to be part of the team? I only have the option to add members, I don’t have the option to toggle to ‘Anyone in your team can view this project’. SO you must be right, it must be an internal admin setting. 

I think my only option to make these boards accessible is to move them out of the project, is that right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vanessa Byrne - I was unaware there was a scenario where the Anyone in your team can view this project setting could be removed. Looking at the Projects Help Centre article, I read:

You definitely created the project? And under the same account that you are currently logged in as? If you did, then perhaps you are on the Business or Enterprise plan and this is an option within there (or some new option that Miro is working on).

In the end, if you don’t have have the option to make the Project visible to everyone in the team, then you will have to add them all to the project - directly to the board would work, too, but for the sake of user management, adding them to the project would be less work.

Thanks @Robert Johnson, this is really helpful. When I log into Miro I have two account options, my company account and then I have a ‘Vanessa’ account profile. I had set up in a project to keep everything organized together so it’s unfortunate I can’t now make the boards available to all. To avoid having to add all workshop attendees, I think I’ll move the boards out of the project and into my ‘Vanessa’ account where I believe I can make the boards open to all….fingers crossed, thanks for your help on this, greatly appreciated as though I was going mad!

Vanessa