Answered

Is it slow or it's just me?

Hi guys from Miro Board, i’m using Miro with a team of 4 or 5 people at a time but lately it has felt very sluggish to move around it, as if there were some packet loss, i haven’t felt any kind of problems using other apps but just miro takes a lot of times to refresh the screen and to move even if zoomed into a particular part, i don’t know if it is cos what i’ve been doing or if i have reached some kind of limit to what it can deal with, certainly when we tested Mural with the same workload it didn’t suffer this, i wonder if it is because it’s the free version or if this is expected behavior, any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 3 August 2020, 21:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Norman Gan I have not noticed anything that I would attribute to Miro’s service being the culprit. The only times I have noticed any reductions in speed ever since I started using Miro over 2.5 years ago appeared to be the result browser memory/my laptop. To resolve this, I re-launched my browser. Alternatively, I sometimes use the Miro desktop app (not the ‘lite’ version that is in the Microsoft Store). The same behavior I have described applies to both the Free and Consultant plans I am a part of. I have no reason to believe that Miro throttles bandwidth for Free Plans, but this would be best confirmed by someone at Miro. @Marina: Any comment?

The ex-technical support tech in me has so many questions, but this probably isn’t the forum for troubleshooting network related issues. Instead, if you haven’t already, I would suggest searching Miro’s Help Center. A quick query did return this result related to improving performance: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013588560-Tips-to-Improve-Board-Performance

@Rob Johnson I wonder if there’s a javascript issue or perhaps a scale issue, i have one canvas with more than 5000 sticky notes, and 5 people connected concurrently, given that this app is made in javascript and when it logs in starts to render and it takes a while to load, i was wondering if there’s a backend issue.

I’m now using a VPN connected to NY and from that to Miro which makes it work kind of the same, so i wonder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rob Johnson I wonder if there’s a javascript issue or perhaps a scale issue, i have one canvas with more than 5000 sticky notes, and 5 people connected concurrently, given that this app is made in javascript and when it logs in starts to render and it takes a while to load, i was wondering if there’s a backend issue.

I’m now using a VPN connected to NY and from that to Miro which makes it work kind of the same, so i wonder.

Very interesting. You may take the prize for number of stickies on a board! Perhaps it is work reporting to the Support team as someone at Miro may wish to observe the board behavior themselves. You can contact support here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Very interesting. You may take the prize for number of stickies on a board! Perhaps it is work reporting to the Support team as someone at Miro may wish to observe the board behavior themselves. You can contact support here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

I can’t because i’m using the free version which has no support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This would be news to me as I haven’t submitted any support requests from my Free Plan in quite some time, but when I go to the following link from an Incognito window in Chrome (while not signed in), I am able to complete the Submit a request form (I just didn’t try clicking Submit). 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

Are you able to load the form? Submit? The email domain I am using on my Free Plan does have some people in other teams in the organization who have a paid Team Plan, so maybe the form is letting me get through.

Userlevel 4

Is it time do you think to get the boss to authorise paying a small fee ?

A single month of consultant would be only $15 :-)

if you and your 5 team mates cost $50/hr each and the help saves you 3mins/hr as a team they have got the money back every hour :-) !

Userlevel 4

Hi again

Dunno if you’ve seen this https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013912300-How-Many-Users-Can-Collaborate-on-a-Board-Simultaneously  - Not as useful as @Rob Johnson  ’s link for how to improve performance but clearly says scaling is in the miro team’s focus and that performance is unlikely to be connection count oriented

Is it time do you think to get the boss to authorise paying a small fee ?

A single month of consultant would be only $15 :-)

if you and your 5 team mates cost $50/hr each and the help saves you 3mins/hr as a team they have got the money back every hour :-) !

Oh i’d love to, but there are many reasons for which they haven’t done that, basically because there are a few teams testing Mural.

Userlevel 4

@Norman Gan 

I can understand that - but $15 to get some help is cheaper than the time-based-cost of trawling the community at a guess.

Re: Mural it has - imho - a few really nice facilities that miro lacks if your presenting or if your brainstorming with different shaped stickies but overall its not currently as capable - 

@Norman Gan

I can understand that - but $15 to get some help is cheaper than the time-based-cost of trawling the community at a guess.

Re: Mural it has - imho - a few really nice facilities that miro lacks if your presenting or if your brainstorming with different shaped stickies but overall its not currently as capable - 

I have no budget control over these things, so i can’t really take the decision, an about Mural, well there got to be a technical report with findings, a qualitative and quantitative evaluation of both based on results, and so on, you know sometimes incorporating new software takes its time.