Is it possible to turn off the grey outlines or make them invisible when chart items are locked?

• 21 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Locking items on charts allows me to quickly and precisely zoom into different elements on the board with dynamics transitions with just a double-click. But then people can see the grey outline. 

Please see attached video to see what I mean by the grey outlines.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chi Chi Cheng - I assume you are referring to Frame borders, which are always visible, unless you are in presentation mode.

You could either:

• use a Shape around your objects and set the background and border to be transparent, or
  • not use a Frame at all and just double-click on the locked object to zoom in on it.

… although, you are likely using Frames so that you can navigate to them from the Frames sidebar.

There are a number of Wish Lists posts were users are requesting the option to hide frame borders - you may want to upvote them:

https://community.miro.com/search?q=frame%20borders&content_type%5B0%5D=ideation

Thank you @Robert Johnson! I am referring to the grey boarder in the middle of the picture here, which only appears when an item is locked, regardless whether it is a shape or a frame.

Sometimes when I do a big chart I lock all the items and double clicking on different spots allows me to quickly zoom into it, which is a really nice feature that looks awesome in screen recording. However, when you zoom out to view the whole chart, all the grey outlines make the chart looks messy.

Thanks for the recommendation for the upvotes. I have done so :-) 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chi Chi Cheng - Thanks for the clarification. Because you can still select locked objects, the borders will show up when they are selected – you can not disabled/ger rid of this.

Suggestion: As as you can double-click the object, press the Esc key on your keyboard. It’s a workaround, but if you do it enough times, it can become second nature. Here it is in action:

Wish List Idea

I could not find an existing idea that describes exactly what you are looking to achieve.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

@Robert Johnson This is an excellent workaround! It solves my problem at least for the time being! Thanks a lot!!!

I have the same request.