Is it possible to create Trademark, Registered & Copyright symbols

• 17 June 2020
  • 8 replies

(TM), (R), (C) do not seem to transfer into their respective symbols, which would be useful for presentations. Is there a shortcut? Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Doreen Hing -

How are you accessing Miro? I just copied and pasted a ® symbol from one web browser page into a Miro sticky note, a text box and a card without issue?

Kiron

Hmmm, I tried to copy and paste from a word document, I didn’t try it from an online site. Thanks for the suggestion

I just tried to add ™ which I took from a website, it showed up as TM

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Doreen Hing -

What method are you using to access Miro? I just pasted the ® from this thread into a board using both the Miro desktop app and the web app via Google Chrome on a Windows PC?

Kiron

Thanks I’m using the Miro app, I am able to copy and paste either the (R) and the (C) symbols from websites or word documents/emails but not the (TM) to boards on the Miro app. However why do I have to exit the Miro platform to find the symbols. What would it take to create them on the platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Doreen Hing -

Yes, I think the ™ symbol is not able to copied or pasted in. I’d suggest opening a support request with Miro for this here in case it is a bug: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

They should also be able to provide the steps for doing it natively within the Miro app.

Kiron

This is still an issue

To insert trademark (™), registered trademark (®), and copyright (©) symbols into your presentation, you can use keyboard shortcuts or character codes depending on the software you're using. Here are some common methods:

1. **Keyboard Shortcuts:**
   - For Windows:
     - Trademark (™): Press `Alt` + `0153`
     - Registered Trademark (®): Press `Alt` + `0174`
     - Copyright (©): Press `Alt` + `0169`
   - For macOS:
     - Trademark (™): Press `Option` + `2`
     - Registered Trademark (®): Press `Option` + `R`
     - Copyright (©): Press `Option` + `G`

2. **Character Map (Windows) or Character Viewer (Mac):**
   - You can also use the Character Map in Windows or Character Viewer in macOS to select and insert these symbols into your presentation.

3. **Copy and Paste:**
   - You can also copy these symbols from a geometry spot com website or another document and paste them into your presentation.

Using these methods, you should be able to easily insert the trademark, registered trademark, and copyright symbols into your presentations.