Answered

Invited to team but unable to export frames as image

• 18 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

My school uses Miro, so I created a Miro account with my school email address.

I was invited to join my school team and was able to edit the board but I don't have the same permissions as my team members. For example I can't export a frame as image or copy content to a different board when others are able to do this.

I tried using Miro in different browsers and on a mac pc and windows pc but nothing fixes this problem.

Maybe there went something wrong with my account when I created a new account with my school email addres when it was already in use?

I hope you can help me solve this problem.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 18 March 2021, 19:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rutger van Straaten - First, we will assume that your school’s plan is the Education Plan as the Free Plan doesn’t offer different permissions, except for either some users could edit a board while others could be limited to view only.

Since you are describing not having the same permissions as the rest of your fellow team members, let’s confirm that you are in fact on the board as a team. There are a number of ways we can do this - let’s start with the following two and see what you find.

#1 - While on the board, hover over your avatar and check to see which role you have. If you are a an Editor, then you are a team member - you will also see the Share button, e.g.:

But if you are not a team member, then you will have the role of Guest editor and will not see the Share button:

#2 - Another way to tell if you are a team member is if you can only access the board by clicking on a link that was shared with you (or from your Starred boards page). So, can you get to the board from your Miro dashboard by:

1. Selecting the team from the left-hand side of your dashboard
  2. and then clicking it from All boards?

For now, I suspect that you are not able to export the frames as images (or download content/copy content/etc.) because you are a not a team member and the board’s Content Copy Settings are not set to allow for “Anyone with the board access” to copy content.

Here’s the Help Center article on Board Content Settings

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018350399-Board-Content-Settings

You can also have one of your team members who can do the things you can’t confirm if you are a team member. They would have to:

1. click on the team settings gear icon
  2. Then the would click on Active users and look for your email address here:

Thanks for your answer. It says I'm a guest editor BUT I am able to access the board from the Miro dashboard (left sidebar). When I click on the team it shows all boards and I can access them, but it says “You're not a member of this team yet. To create your own boards and collaborate, ask to join.” but when I click on the team settings it gives me the option to “leave the team”. So I am confused, am I or am I not a member of the team? I know my teacher invited me some time ago and I joined the team by clicking the invitation link, but Miro seems to be confused about whether I'm a member or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rutger van Straaten - Ahhhh, I think there may be a bug.

Does your dashboard looks like this when you select the team?

And the Team profile page like this?

I think the Team Admin (probably a teacher) needs to go to the the Team profile page → Active users, and add you as a full team Member:

Yeah it does look like that! I will ask my teacher to do that. Then I have another question for you (because this has happened before) why are my classmate's full team members and I am not? They were invited the same way I was invited?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rutger van Straaten - This is likely due to the way your teacher added you. You can invite people to (a) boards or (b) to the team.

in the Education Plan, Team invitations are sent from the Active users page:

And inviting a non-team member to a board is done from the board’s Share settings: