Image Opacity

• 28 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to make the images one imports or download more/ less opaque. It would be interesting to have as a way to “see through” one image to see someone else collaborating on top and behind. thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Feather Quill!

I’m afraid it’s not currently possible to change opacity/transparency of images or files (it is, however, possible, to change transparency of the shapes). This functionality does sound like a great addition, though! You’re more than welcome to go ahead and submit this idea as a Feature request to our Wish List. Don’t forget to include your use case and any other additional information you’d like to share.

Hope to see your idea on the Wish List soon! Thank you for making Miro better! 🙂

What I’ve done to ‘fade’ an image out so I can annotate it clearly is place a shape on top, set its fill colour to white and then reduced it’s opacity. More fiddly than just changing an image opacity slider but it worked for me.

Hi yes, changing opacity of images would allow us to place images on top of other things, but make the image more subtle.