Answered

If the owner CAN'T edit, how can he give the owner role to others in team?

• 19 March 2021
  • 3 replies

1. I have been the board owner, but I gave my owner role to another team member - external facilitator for our company. But it seems the external facilitator can’t edit because of the license issue. How can I get the owner role back? 
  2. the external facilitator had the edit right before, but now he edit role seems to be removed. How to give him the edit role?
icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 March 2021, 08:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joyce Xu - What type of plan are you on - Free, Team, Consultant, Business, or Enterprise?

If you transferred the board owner role to this external person, then they were a Full or Occasional license member of the full at that time. If they are still the owner, and you see this either from the dashboard:

Or when viewing the Board details popup:

Then they (or whomever is the board owner) will be the only person who can give you back the owner role.

Delete the current owner from the team

The only other would be to a Team Admin delete the current owner from the team at which point Miro would prompt you with the option to choose who should take ownership over the deleted user’s boards and projects:

Does that help?

You can find more information on the subject in the Access Rights and Board Ownership Help Center article

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572194-Access-Rights-and-Board-Ownership

Hi Robert,

I think I am on Enterprise. When I give “can edit” role to the external facilitator, I can see the warning “need company admin to give the access”. 

So, if I need the “owner” role back, I should turn to company admin for help, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joyce Xu - Yes, I would definitely reach out to your Company Admin for assistance as the Enterprise Plan does have the most robust set of configuration options.

The answer may be in the this Help Center article, if you wanted to share it with them:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730133-Sharing-Policy