Answered

Idle Status-Trigger

• 4 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey guys, 

I can’t find the answer to this question: 

When does the “idle”-state get triggered? 

We have a lot of Zoom Meetings with our customers at the same time and I constantly switch open programs and tabs. It doesn’t look to nice if we are “idle” even though we are currently working in a meeting together (e.g. somebody sharing something on Zoom and then seeing that my status is idle). What are the workarounds? 

P.S.: I am aware that there is a idle-time-out setting in enterprise mode. That doesn’t matter probably, since we have a normal subscription and I don’t care about time-out, but the beginning of the idle-state. 

Best regards,

Patrick!

icon

Best answer by Marina 10 February 2021, 13:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Patrick Wenk,

I’m afraid this is expected behavior. This idle status will be shown if you switch to a different tab or collapse the window.

Hi Marina,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I’ll just leave the app open in the background then. 

Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Patrick Wenk - Re:

I’ll just leave the app open in the background then. 

I did some tests using Chrome and the Windows 64-bit desktop app.

Chrome

When you have a board open in Chrome, if you do any of the following, you will immediately show up as “idle”:

1. Switch tabs
  2. Minimize Chrome
  3. Maximize another application/window on the same screen.

Desktop app

#1 & 2 from above result in you going idle, however, in the desktop app, as long as the board is open and active on a tab, can open another app/window on the same screen and maximize it and you should not show as being “idle”.

In summary, if you do not want to show as “idle”, you will need to keep the tab the board is open in “visible” and not minimized to the taskbar.

By the way, here’s how quickly you switch to “idle”. In this example, I was flipping between browser tabs and then also minimizing the browser/desktop app to the taskbar: