Skip to main content

I applied for an educational account and immediately received an e-mail that said “You have been granted an Educational account an Miro”. However, when I log in to it, it does not seem to differ from a free account. It only allows me three editable boards, but as I understand, an educational account should have an unlimited number of editable boards.

Is there some delay between the e-mail and the actual activation of the educational account? If yes, how long does it take?

If no, what do I have to do to make my educational account work?

@Insa Cremer - There very well could be a delay as I have heard of this happening before.

Have you tried signing out and back in, and using the email address that you applied for the education plan with?

Something else that can happen is, if you were not the only Admin of a Free Plan team (or there were more members than  seats that your Educational Plan allowed for), then a new team space could have been created.

To confirm this, here are a a few things to check:

From your dashboard, do you have an option to change teams at the top-left?

You could also try

1. going to your profile settings using this link: https://miro.com/app/settings/user-profile/
  1. And then checking to see if you are a member of more than one team space - once you have selected a space, you can go to the Team profile page to see what Plan type it belongs to.

Thank you! You were right, I was able to change to the educational team. 

But now I have another problem: I want to move my boards to the educational team. As I understood, that should be possible by clicking on the three dots in the dashboard and choosing “Move to team”. However, that option is not available. How can I move my boards from the free team to the educational team?

@Insa Cremer - The Move to team options being greyed out indicates that you are not signed in as the board owner, e.g., you are signed in under a different email address.

This gets a little tricky for me to verbalize while picturing it in my head, but it looks like your school email account profile is a member of both your new Education Plan team, but also the other FREE team.

So, you can either:

1. Add your non-school email as a team member of your new Education Plan. Then sign in as your non-school email and move the boards to your new Education Plan team space.
  2. Or, while signed in as your school email, Duplicate all four of those boards, at which point you will own the copies/duplicates and be able to move the copies to your Education Plan team space.

Let me know how you make out!

Thank you! I created a new board and copied the old board into it. Duplicating would have been a more elegant solution, but for some reason I did not notice your response immediately.