Answered

I changed my email and lost board ownership

Hello! 

I created a board with an email that does not exist anymore… With my new e-mail I lost the ownership of the board. Moreover, all other members have comment rights but no one has edit rights to share edit rights with me.

Is is possible to switch the board ownership from a former email (that does not exist anymore) to a new email? It is super important for us to have this board back.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Laflys 4 June 2021, 00:20

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello !

If it is urgent, you can simply duplicate the board to take ownership.

Alternatively, if there is another Team Admin account, you can exclude the owner account to change ownership of the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It’s worth noting there that if you are not the board owner, you may not always have the Duplicate option - it depends on the Board Content Settings.

More on duplicating boards here → How to Duplicate a Board.

I don´t have duplicate option… is there any way to change the ownership of a board own by an old mail adress? This information is super important.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura Bernard -

If you don’t have the duplicate options, are you able to copy the full content of the old board to a new empty board using a select all, copy & paste set of commands?

This would also be governed by the board content settings configuration which Rob had mentioned in his response.

Kiron

Unfortunately, no, I can only comment and no other action is possible...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura Bernard - Your only other option here is as @Laflys pointed out: Have a team admin delete the board owner from the team and transfer board ownership to you during the process. If your old email was the only Team Admin, you will need to contact Miro support.

@Robert Johnson thanks for the advice! Is there a way to see who is the Team Admin? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura Bernard - It can vary slightly by plan type, but you may be able to click on the Team profile settings icon and then "Users" or "Active users".

The Team profile settings button is here:

Thanks! So I can see the Users and Active users: “8993 members below are in the team.” haha
But who is this admin?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura Bernard - “8993 members” - Holy :cow: !

So, you’re on the Enterprise Plan. Do you have the ability to sort on the Role column or filter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura Bernard  - The Company Admin role should be able to delete users too.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571194-Roles-in-Miro#h_01F9963ZEQ1KEAKPJB4MWQPW32

Yes!! Thank you very much !! I will try to reach out to the Admin, thanks for the support !