Answered

How to tell what board a Day Pass user has accessed?

• 16 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I've been using Miro quite a bit for the past year with many clients and many boards (I'm a consultant). We used to give clients access via Day Passes and then when done changed access in Sharing to "View", so that they could see what was there, but not accrue additional costs. A person who had been on many boards is accessing them very frequently, using Day Passes well after the project is done. I've asked her to let me know which boards she is accessing but she doesn't seem to understand. 

How can I tell which boards she is accessing? She doesn't seem to be changing anything, as I can't see her name in 'modified by'. 

How can I stop her from using Day Passes without deleting her entirely? They are a big and ongoing client, so I'm trying not to ruffle any feathers.

If I delete her to get the Day Passes to stop, how should I best add her back in (she’ll need to use it at some point) without things getting out of control.

I wish it was easier/more intuitive to manage users.

Any other thoughts in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 March 2021, 00:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@David Culton - First, as far as I know, you will not be able to see who has opened/viewed a board as these types of Audit Logs are only available on the Enterprise Plan.

Second, what is your desired outcome? Is it to:

• have your client be able to view, but not modify, a specific set of boards without having to use Guest Editor, i.e., “Anyone with the link” access?
  • not incur any additional costs outside of your standard Full license users on your plan?

If you haven’t already, I would suggest creating a new team in your Consultant Plan, moving only the boards that you want her to see to that team, and then adding her an Occasional (Day Pass) member of that team, and setting all boards in that team to Anyone at [TEAM NAME] Can view”.

In this example I created a new team called TEST TEAM:

And then I added this user to just that team: