How to recover boards from DELETED team

• 4 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I deleted a team (based on suggestions from MIRO to remove seats so that they weren’t billing me incorrectly) and didn’t realize there was a CLIENT BOARD connected to it and now it says it’s GONE. The board that was deleted is not under my current “team” so I cannot do the simple board recovery. when I go to the URL this is what I get. WTF?!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Emily Callaghan - According to the How to delete a team help center article, all boards and templates are permanently deleted:

If there is any hope of recovering this board, the Miro support team will need to assist you with this:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I’ve found that same information, thanks for sharing. Also, I find this absolutely incredible! What a huge design issue! You can recover other boards within live teams, you should be able to recover teams! This is a huge issue for me and my client teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In fairness to Miro, you should have been warned (at least twice) that this action was irreversible:

Hm. Human error happens all the time. We need to rely on technology to help us solve problems when they arise. Sure I clicked through pop ups - I bet you have, too! Technology should be human centered. If I tested this feature with them it would be a FAIL.