Answered

How to point at objects in miro?

• 20 November 2020
  • 4 replies

When collaborating with others, we traditionally stand at a whiteboard with something drawn on - let’s say a database diagram. Then someone points at an object or relation and starts asking questions. 

How do I point at objects in miro? I know I can display everyone’s cursor, but how do I make it clear to everyone what I’m talking about when I’m asking a question? We tend to be 5-10 people in the room, and just finding which cursor is mine isn’t always done instantly.

Especially with the excellent zoom features in miro. Other people might be zoomed in on other things when I ask my question. So my objects (and cursor) might be outside of their field of view.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 20 November 2020, 21:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nicklas Kittelmann -

One approach will be to use the Attention Management features in Miro - you can instruct all participants to starting following you while you are demonstrating and then tell them to unfollow you once you have finished.

Kiron

ok, thanks. Yeah, that could do. I guess it’s about learning new and slightly different ways of working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nicklas Kittelmann -

Another alternative if you don’t want them to have to follow you is that you can ask them to keep their Collaborators’ Cursors setting turned on, and when you use the Bring Everyone To Me command, they can follow your cursor to see where you are pointing…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

One practice that our team uses is to create an arrow shape on the board and point it to whichever object/topic/etc. on the board that is currently being discussed. This worked better for us than relying on someone’s mouse pointer as it is just way to easy for people to randomly move their mouse around while they are talking.