How to open csv files again?

• 7 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a problem. I don't know how to open the made board that I previously saved in this format. I remember exactly how it could have been done before. I saved the board as csv file, then I could load it and it looked like I made it. Now, if you try to open the csv file, it does not open as a board, but as plain text, despite the fact that I had diagrams made there. If anyone knows how to open it so that the board is unchanged - please write. If possible with screenshots. As a last resort, if this is not possible, please write how to save the boards so that you can reopen them later. Thank you.

Ps changing browser, clearing the cache, using an application or another browser does not help

Pss I am using the free version

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ivan Ivanov -

Unfortunately Miro does not support restoring a board from a CSV export, only from an RTB file which is a binary zipped version of all of the board’s content and that capability is only available for paid plans and not for free accounts.

Kiron

@Ivan Ivanov -

Unfortunately Miro does not support restoring a board from a CSV export, only from an RTB file which is a binary zipped version of all of the board’s content and that capability is only available for paid plans and not for free accounts.

Kiron

then it seems that the developers removed this feature, because I remember exactly that I did it before. Removed apparently because it was possible to bypass the restriction of three boards

I have a problem. I don't know how to open the made board that I previously saved in this format. I remember exactly how it could have been done before. I saved the board as csv file, then I could load it and it looked like I made it. Now, if you try to open the csv file, it does not open as a board, but as plain Url, despite the fact that I had diagrams made there. If anyone knows how to open it so that the board is unchanged - please write. If possible with screenshots. As a last resort, if this is not possible, please write how to save the boards so that you can reopen them later. Thank you.

Ps changing browser, clearing the cache, using an application or another browser does not help

Pss I am using the free version

Verify if the application or platform you are using supports the CSV format for opening boards. Check for any specific import or open options dedicated to CSV files. If the issue persists, consider reviewing the contents of the CSV file in a text editor to ensure the expected data and proper structure. If all else fails, try saving your boards in alternative file formats such as XML, JSON, or proprietary formats that better preserve the visual structure and content of diagrams. If you're still unable to resolve the problem, contacting the support team of the application you are using would be a good step, providing them with details and seeking their assistance in resolving the issue.