Answered

How to open a specific tab from sheets

• 20 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve integrated sheets into my Miro board, which is great. However I’d like for it to open on a specific tab. I can’t seem to do this. It just stays on the first tab in the doc.

Any idea how I can open a specific tab?

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 20 July 2021, 06:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Carlzz - I am 99.9% certain you cannot configure this.

A few options could be to (I say 'could' as I have not tested either of these):

1. Click-and-drag the worksheet/tab you want to open the left (so it will be the default)

2. Readig the following Help center article, the default sheet/tab that opens for a standard sharing link may be the sheet that was open at the time you created the link, so you could just put a standard link on the Miro board rather than using the integration app - this kind of defeats the purpose of the integration, but would solve your primaryl issue.

There may be another solution is this link:

https://support.google.com/docs/thread/4551925/i-want-to-change-which-sheet-comes-up-as-default-when-i-open-a-google-sheet?hl=en

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Carlzz - I had a chance to test this and it looks like even if you another worksheet to the the one that displays by default using the following steps:

1. select the Google Sheet
  2. using the previous/next actions will cycle between worksheets
  3. then pin the worksheet:

… the document still opens to the first worksheet/tab in the Google Sheet.

I believe the only way to open to a specific worksheet/tab is to make it the first tab in the Google Sheet.

Thank you so much!! You saved me from hours spent getting angry in front of the computer :) 

This is a slight workaround, but it’s what I’m doing. I do the first same three steps as mentioned above

1. select the Google Sheet
  2. using the previous/next actions will cycle between worksheets
  3. then pin the worksheet:

Then I select Cmnd/Ctr + K to add a link. Navigating to the page of the google sheet, I copy and paste the url. (each sheet has its own unique url).

Now it has a pretty little icon in the right corner that I have to remember to click on rather than the actual object and I goto that page. Hope that helps