How to keep the color of a card chosen for that swimlane on a Kanban?

• 12 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Dear colleagues,
We are using Miro Kanban with several swimlanes, and for an easy visual differentiation we have setup a dedicated color to the cards in each swimming lane. However if I click “+” to add a card on a certain swimlane, it will not keep the color of the card above it but will use the latest color I selected somewhere on another card (if I am lucky to work on the same swimlane the card will be added in the same color, but normally I would need to manually switch the colors). If I duplicate a card - I will need still to do some manual work by e.g. removing tags or so. Is there a way to setup the Kanban in a way that when I add a card on a swimlane it will keep the color of the previous card on that swimlane? 
An image attached to illustrate: where the black arrow is, I would like to click and get the navy colored card as the above and not yellow (last color used somewhere).
Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ira -

I expect that this behavior is the normal, “as designed” approach by the Miro product team. Your suggestion makes sense, so I’d recommend doing a quick search for any similar wish list items related to Kanban card colors, and if you can’t find a match, feel free to add a new one following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sadly, one could not even use the Miro Developer Platform’s SDK to build a plug-in to do this as the Kanban (and Use Story Map) frameworks have not been exposed (there is a feature request for this in the dev platform’s public roadmap).

Thank you very much, dear Robert. Would be so nice to have :)

Thanks a lot, dear Kiron!