Answered

How to check desktop app version number (Windows 10)

• 30 September 2020
  • 8 replies

How do I check which version of the Miro desktop app I am using on Windows 10 ?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 2 October 2020, 02:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Phill R - There are multiple ways - here are few:

Control Panel

Either find it in the Start menu or you should just be able to paste this into the address bar of any Windows Explorer folder and press Enter → Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features​​​​​​​

And then you’ll see:

Miro.exe

Or go right to the Miro.exe executable → right-click on it → Properties → Details:

Mine was installed in:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\RealtimeBoard\Miro.exe

Maybe as a suggestions Miro could include an “About” menu item with version and other info? 

I found it in windows control panel / apps & features; I had been looking in the actual Miro GUI.
I have 0.4.2

tks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Maybe as a suggestions Miro could include an “About” menu item with version and other info? 

@Bart Van den Bosch - I noted your comment to someone to the desktop app team in this post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-discussion-31/help-us-with-beta-testing-of-the-new-miro-desktop-app-version-1725?postid=8886#post8886

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Phill R - A third way is from the Task Manager:

1. Open Task Manager (right-click on task bar and select Task Manager or use use shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
  2. Expand More details → Details tab → right-click on Miro.exe → Properties → Details tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Phill R / @Bart Van den Bosch  - Well, I learned something new today when looking at the Desktop App help article. If you scroll down to (or search for) Possible Issues and how to resolve them, you will find:

And sure enough, in the Windows desktop app on Windows 10 (not sure about the Microsoft Store version), when I press Alt on my keyboard:

Me too. I might have found that ALT made the menu pop up while you are editing a board but I would not have guessed you need to go back to the front screen / dashboard and then press ALT.

Userlevel 1

wooh thank you so much! I just spend 2 hours looking for the help button. I thought I was supposed to hit alt when I clicked the help button, not to just revealing it!