Answered

How do I stop the "how to interact with this board" popup at the bottom from reappearing every day?

• 9 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Every day when I load my miro board, I see a popup that covers a significant portion of the bottom of the screen telling me how to use my mouse.  I close it and it reappears the next day.  I see no options in my preferences.

How do I get rid of this popup permanently (without having to resort to adblock)?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 26 November 2020, 03:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Here’s the popup.  How do I permanently get rid of this loss of screen space without resorting to AdBlock?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Aaron Katz,

Sorry for the delay. Will you please clarify if this is still happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Aaron Katz - That banner are instructions for touchscreen devices, e.g., a laptop with a touchscreen. Even though you have a mouse attached to your (presumably a laptop with a touchscreen), Miro detects that you have a touchscreen and sets your Navigation Mode to touchscreen.

To stop this banner from appearing, you will need to change your Navigation Mode to Mouse mode. It should be noted that your navigation mode preferences are stored in a cookie and if you delete your cookies, the next time you come back to your board, that banner will pop up again.