How do I stop MIRO from autosizing a grid based on story card movement/resizing? This default is evidently not even a default, as it cannot be turned off...

• 19 October 2022
  • 1 reply

While I am not a fan of Miro, I am forced to use it and continue to find much of the product annoying and not well suited to its stated purpose as a collaborative easy to use tool.  

Lately the most frustrating feature is the default setting of having story cards that are on a grid snapped/attached to grid parameters.  There is no apparent way to disable this feature.  Any time I have to adjust the size, or location, of a card on my grid based roadmap - I have to remember to hold down the CTRL button or the grid stretches to accomodate the card.  I can’t imagine a document that requires card sizing and/or location changes more than a roadmap.  

P.S.  The strange sizing of the “whiteboard” at 1% is beyond comprehension!  Whoever did this needs to be fired immediately.  I have to create giant objects to read the font and build out the cards, then reduce my view to -1% to see a complete view of the document/object I am creating.  Sharing screens and presenting is a nightmare of zooming in and out.  

P.S.S.  Cursor pass over of an icon typically generates a pop-up functional ID tag to inform the user as to what function that button provides.  

Anyway, I would love to stop having to use the CTRL button 50-100 times per day.  I am not a perfect Dutch person, so I have to move things often.  

This is a perfect example of Dutch ingenuinity…  provides high frustration at a fraction of the energy input. 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Wesley Hamstreet 
Thank you writing in! Let me please address the points one by one.

1. Indeed, the auto-resize feature is enabled by default on Tables. To turn it off click Cell resize > Manual on the context menu:

2. We do not recommend working on a small zoom levels. It’s important to have zoom levels roughly around 100% for normal usage :) 

P.S.S.  Cursor pass over of an icon typically generates a pop-up functional ID tag to inform the user as to what function that button provides. 

I’m not sure I understand your comment. Could you please send us a couple of screenshots showing the issue?