Skip to main content
Answered

how do i stop editing?

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I just want to move around and view links etc. however whenever i select an item, or attempt to move around it moves objects or brings up an edit dialog. Escape does not do anything. How can I stop this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@brian1taylor - If you are using a mouse, then holding the right mouse button and dragging is the standard way to pan/move around the board canvas (your cursor will switch from a pointer to a hand to indicate that you are in pan mode. I very rarely use a touchoad, and am not on my laptop at the moment, so I can say at the moment what the action is (two fingers and drag?).

There are also several ways you can fully enter pan mode, i.e., so that your cursor is always a hand and objects cannot be selected. You toggle between select and pan mode by:

- pressing V or H on your keyboard

- holding down your space bar

- clicking the "select" arrow at the top-left of the content creation toolbar on the left side of the board:

(Pressing 1 on the top number bar of your keyboard should also activate the Select/pan action, i.e., the frost action in the content creation toolbar).

You may also want to check out the Using Miro with a mouse, trackpad, or touchscreen help center article.

that is great information thanks!