Skip to main content
Question

how do I share my board only for viewing ?

Hello ,

I copy the link of my board for viewing only , but when I open it it seems everyone can edit ...and it is not this my goal ...I need to lock my project so nobody can edit it but be possible to view … what do I do wrong ? please help..thanx 

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Taticho 

I’m a little confused. You write “when I open it it seems.” What happens when someone opens it who is NOT in the “Tati Team” tries to open it? You can simulate this yourself by using private or incognito mode - but be sure when you open the board that you are not logged in! 

(Chrome on my Mac has a nasty feature, and when I open an incognito window and navigate to Miro, it somehow remembers I was logged in before. So you have to be careful!)

At least on my free account, if there is a board in a team (like your Tati Team) then I can only share the board in view mode, edit is not even an option. 

Cheers, Ken

I did unloged and still when I open the link “only for viewers” Im able to edit ..not only that but I send the link to my profesor for viewing only and immediately he became “user” … what do I do wrong ?? please help it is a project that needs to go out but only for viewers or else they will edit and destroy my 2 years work I done on  Miro ! honestly it is the last time Im using MIRO 

“when I open it” I mean when I open the link obviously ...

I work on safari ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Taticho - You have set the "Anyone with the link" to "Viewer".

Now, use the bottom-left "Copy board link" (or just copy the board link from your browser's address bar) and send that. 

The big blue primary call to action button "Copy team invite link" will do just that: "invite them to the team". This primary is by design, i.e., to support Miro's growth strategies. 

same…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Taticho - If you had previously used the "Copy team invite link", but do not want anyone else editing your boards, then you will want to remove any unwanted members from your team space:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571234-Remove-users#h_01F786YXHY02CD44AK3B8HYR9B

In addition, you should set the team access link to "No access", otherwise any links previously sent will continue to add anyone who clicks them to your team space:

But I need to share my board for viewing ! no access is not what I want ! I just need to be sure that no-one will destroy my 2 years work I did on this board ! but I need to share it ! it is my art project and needs to be shared 

please someone help :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Taticho - Hopefully this clarifies things for you:

If you need to set up file downloads for guests, there are several methods you can use, depending on your requirements and the platform you're using. Here are some general approaches:

1. Using a Website or Web Application

File Sharing Services:

• Google Drive / Dropbox / OneDrive:
    • Upload your files to a cloud storage service.
    • Generate a shareable link with the appropriate permissions (view or download).
    • Share the link with your guests.

Dedicated File Download Pages:

• Create a Download Page:
    • Set up a web page on your website where guests can access and download files.
    • Ensure that the page is secure if the files are sensitive or if you need to track downloads.

File Transfer Tools:

• WeTransfer / SendAnywhere:
    • Use online file transfer tools that allow you to upload files and generate download links.
    • Share the generated link with your guests.