Answered

How do I delete private messages?

• 9 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I received an automated private message welcoming me to the community.  That’s nice and all, but I don’t want to keep it forever.  How do I delete private messages when I’m done with them? 

I don’t see any delete button or icon on the inbox, nor do I see one on the screen with the private message itself.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 November 2020, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Aaron Katz - I assume you are referring to Private Messages in this forum. It doesn’t look like you can only delete your messages and not the entire conversation - is this right @Marina?

I delete mine, but the conversation remains:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

@Aaron Katz, Robert is right - it is impossible to delete conversations in the Private Messages folder. 

Can you please share why you need this functionality? 

@Marina 

From my perspective, these messages are clutter.  They are distracting when I look at my inbox.  Their existence makes it look like there’s something I have to do - otherwise I would have deleted the message.  They are information that I have to intentionally ignore if I ever need to look for something within my private messages - I am denied the ability to retain the information that is useful to me and delete the information that is not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, @Aaron Katz ! Noted, and I will also share this feedback with the community platform vendor.