Skip to main content

I have a free Miro account registered to my old work email address -- I’ve left the org, so can no longer access it. The account is no longer part of any work teams, or associated in any other way.

I can’t change the email address as Miro won’t allow an org email address to be changed.

I can’t delete the account - which I would like to do - because I no longer have access to the email account to which Miro will send the confirmation prompt.

What do I do?

@SW1 - There is nothing that can be done. This is, unfortunately, a risk of using an email address that is administered by someone else.

Is the existence of the old Miro account that you no longer have access to blocking you from doing something now?

I’d like the account to be deleted because it contains personally identifiable information

@SW1 

The way I am understanding your scenario now is that you are still signed in to Miro to an account to which you no longer have access to the account profile email address. I will proceed under that assumption.

I can’t change the email address as Miro won’t allow an org email address to be changed.

It sounds like you tried the steps in the How to change your email help center article, so that was going to be my next suggestion.

You could try opening a support ticket by following these steps and then monitor the ticket by visiting https://help.miro.com/ and signing in at the top right. However, given the account deletion process still requires confirmation via the email sent to the account holder’s email address, the support team would very unlikely agree to delete an account just before someone is signed into that account – this is for security purposes. Therefore, your only course of action will likely be to contact your former employer and ask them to approve the account deletion.