Answered

How do I configure the "Browser Tabs" item from the Wireframes app?

• 3 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Using the Wireframes app, I can add an item called “Browser Tabs”.  I can double click on it and edit the text to define a set of tabs, but I can’t figure out how to specify which tab is selected.  It always shows the first tab as selected.  When trying to show the different content that would show on different tabs, I would like to be able to select another one.  Is there some way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Kyle.C 8 June 2020, 15:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Steve Appling 

The Browser Tab wireframe is only designed to edit the titles of each tab. One workaround you could do is to rotate the titles of the tabs. So the page you are displaying in the mockup is always the “selected” tab.

[Tab 1], Tab 2, Tab 3

[Tab 2], Tab 1, Tab 3

Does that make sense? I hope that helps a little! I know the Miro team is working on updating the wireframes to be a little more robust.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks, it would be nice if the Browser Tab wireframe could use markup like the brackets you used to actually change which one was selected.

Thanks, it would be nice if the Browser Tab wireframe could use markup like the brackets you used to actually change which one was selected.

Even if this is old post, it still stands. wireframe is so limited in what it does and there is no update! 

There are allot of things i’m missing when doing a mockup to be honest. 

In a browser, tabs allow you to load multiple websites and quickly switch between them, without each of them needing a separate window like if i want to download Vidmate app i will configure tabs according to it. See our tabbed browsing definition for a complete explanation and examples of using tabs in a web browser.

In a browser, tabs allow you to load multiple websites and quickly switch between them, without each of them needing a separate window like if i want to 1 click download i will configure tabs according to it. See our tabbed browsing definition for a complete explanation and examples of using tabs in a web browser.